Event stalls for food and products or anything you wish to exhibit
Show runs November 2017
Stall Holder Site
If you wish to book a stall holder site, please contact us directly and we will reserve you a site.
CLEVEDON A&P SHOW 2016 TRADE EXHIBITORS PROSPECTUS
Welcome from the President
It gives me great pleasure to welcome you all to the 103rd Clevedon Agricultural and Pastoral Society Show.
On the 23rd March, 1909, eight men met in Clevedon to discuss a proposal to hold a district show. In quick succession following that first meeting, the Clevedon Agricultural and Pastoral Society was formed, the first show held, a ground purchased and development plans made. What would that small founding group think if they could be here today, 106 years and 102 shows later. Growing up, I knew some of them very well but never thought to ask them why they attended that meeting. I imagine however they are much the same reasons as to why I joined the Clevedon A & P Committee 45 years ago. They had developed a love for this land and had a passion for livestock and agriculture in general.
Clevedon was their home and they wanted to put it on the map.
As President of the show this year I take great pleasure in continuing the endeavour to promote our district. It is an area with considerable natural beauty, friendly people and readiness to embrace steady change. Our show continues to adapt to the changing face of Clevedon, now less farming area and more a lifestyle choice. The show mirrors the changes but also keeps the ideals of the founders. Our hard working Executive Committee, Secretary and Event Manager have worked tirelessly to ensure that your visit to the 103rd Clevedon Show is fun and enjoyable and we have strived to make this our best show yet.
I wish you all a most enjoyable weekend.
Philip Bell, President
9am to 5pm, stands must be in place by no later than 8.30am on the Saturday.
Public tickets sales
- Adult $10.00
- Child/Senior $5.00
- Family $25.00 – 2 adults and up to 3 children
- Under 5’s free
Yes, we have ‘Cash Out’ facilities available at the show, we charge a $2.00 transaction fee
We have a full schedule of animal competitions with bring hundreds of competitors from and wide to compete in areas including;
- Equestrian * Sheep * Donkeys
- Beef Cattle * Goats * Indoor Specialties
- Dairy Cattle * Calf Club
- Wood Chopping
- Highland Dancing
We offer a large array of entertainment at our show, from all things town and country,
- Our famous Farmyard
- Sheep Racing
- Horse and Cart Rides
- Young Farmers Challenge
- Full main ring schedule of demonstrations and entertainment
- Lifestyle Lectures
- Shearing Demonstrations
- Show amusements for the young and the young at heart
Exhibition and Trade Sites
We pride ourselves on having a vast range of exhibits and trade vendors attending our show, providing a variety of products and services that complement our Rural/Urban mix.
Trade Site Layout
Please refer to Trade Site Map for layout plan and available Trade Sites (available on this web site) . Please pay attention to specialised areas, powered or food, when considering your selection.
Wine and Food Sites measure 4m x 4m
General Sites, General Food Sites, and Premium General Sites measure 6m x 6m
All guy ropes, drawbars, signage etc must be anchored within your site. Any vehicle must be within this area.
All sound amplification devices and other sound producing equipment and activities shall be limited to reasonable volume levels which shall not project beyond the boundaries of the Exhibitor space and shall in no case disturb other show users.
If you are selling food, copies of the appropriate permits must be provided at the time of application.
Trade Exhibitors Vehicles
A parking pass for the Trade Exhibitors area will be provided with your Trade Site, Vehicles must be clear of your trade site by 8am each day or they will be towed at owner’s expense. You will not be able to access your site with your vehicle during Show hours. Any vehicles remaining within a trade site area MUST remain stationary at all times.
By booking a Trade Site, an exhibitor is agreeing the Terms and Conditions set out in the T&C Document, and is agreeing to adhere to the terms in this document at all times, this includes
- For filling their obligations to have their sites manned at all times during the opening hours of the show
- Not dismantling any part of their site prior to the closing of the show on Sunday 8th November
- Not driving their vehicle through any part of the show during show opening hours
There will be security on site from 6pm until 7am on Friday and Saturday nights, there will be no security on Sunday night. Exhibitors are advised not to leave their valuables unattended at any time. We recommend you dismantle your trade site at close of show on Sunday, property and equipment may be left until Monday at owners’ risk.
Power and Electrical Equipment
- The charge for power connection from a identified ‘powered’ site for the two days is $60.00 incl GST for standard power
- Three phase power is available by prior arrangement from ‘powered’ sites at a cost of $80.00 for both days
- All vehicles that require a connection to the Clevedon A&P power network must be displaying the appropriate and current Electrical Warrant of Fitness. A copy of the Electrical Warrant of Fitness must be forwarded with your application form.
- Our Electrical contractor’s reserve the right to check any and all electrical equipment on site for compliance. Exhibitors will be required to disconnect any equipment that is found to be non-compliant or faulty.
- All electrical equipment must carry current electrical test certificates to comply with NZS3760 wiring regulations.
- If you have different or specialised power requirements please contact us for more information.
Power Connections and Use
- Connections to the A&P Assn electrical network must be made only through a three pin plug with and isolating transformer, or RCD with a residual operating current not exceeding 30mA (refer Electrical Regulations Section 4 – Tents)
- Exhibitors are to provide their own extension leads, all power cables are to have sufficient length to reach supply point.
- All extension leads must have a current testing tag attached
- Use of double adaptors is strictly prohibited – Please use power boards only.
- Entry must be restricted to the back of any trade site that has power supply entering it.
- Where power cables are at the front of a trade site, they must be covered or sliced into the ground.
The Show will be promoted through news media, radio, websites, posters, direct mail to clubs etc and billboard signage.
Note that the application form offers you the chance to opt out of partaking in any such promotion. Unless you tell us otherwise, we will pass on your contact details to local media agents. While participation remains your company’s choice, we hope that you will take part as this helps us both. Please feel free to phone 09 292 3061 with any editorial idea we can follow up on.